The pre-registration period for the 2020 Vuelta of Ibiza on Mountain Bike begins on Friday 13 December at 8 pm and ends at 11:59 pm on 19 December. During this period you can register your pair, book a hotel, a ferry and any other requirement with no rush, since it does not depend on the order of the pre-registrations. As from 8 pm on 20 December, you must pay for your registration as soon as possible since this time it operates on a first come first served basis, until all registration numbers have sold out. We recommend registering your pair in the pre-registration stage because when registering, just one participant can pay the registration fee for both members of the team.
- · I’VE FORGOTTEN MY USER NAME AND PASSWORD
Your user name is your Identification document number and the password is the last four digits of your mobile phone number.
- · IF ALL THE NUMBERS HAVE SOLD OUT, WILL THERE BE A WAITING LIST?
No, there will be no waiting list.
The numbers of the competitors who cancel before the Vuelta of Ibiza on Mountain Bike will be used exclusively by the Organisers.
Please remember that the numbers are personal and non-transferable and on the day the numbers are assigned only the holder of the number him/herself may collect it, and must present their identification document to do so. Under no circumstances will another person be permitted to collect the number for the rider to whom it is assigned.
- · WHAT ARE THE CANCELLATION FEES?
- Until 28 February - no cancellation fee.
- After 29 February and before 22 March - 50% of registration fee.
- After 23 March - 100% of registration fee.
- · CAN I PARTICIPATE IF I AM ALONE OR IS BEING IN A PAIR COMPULSORY?
The original format of La Vuelta of Ibiza on Mountain Bike was to compete in pairs, but you may also take part as an individual competitor.
The individual category has only one overall female and one overall male category.
The individual category will be ranked and the winner will win a trophy but not a cash prize.
Like the rest of the competitors, on the first day you will set off from the starting gate allocated to you depending on your category, and the following days it will be based on the order in which you finished the previous day.
- · THE PRICES ON PACKS ARE PER PERSON OR PER PAIR?
All prices are always per person.
- · IF THE MEMBERS OF THE PAIR ARE NOT OF THE SAME AGE, IN WHICH CATEGORY DO THEY COMPETE?
The category will be determined by the age of the youngest member of the pair.
EXCEPT: When one of the pair is a Junior competitor, in which case the age of the older member of the team will determine the category in which they will compete.
- · FOR THE RACE IN PAIRS, SHOULD I REGISTER AND THEN WRITE THE NAME OF MY RACE COMPANION AS MY OTHER PAIR?
No, each of you has to register separately and the second competitor to register has to write in the name of the first one already registered as their pair.
We recommend registering as a pair in the pre-registration stage because during registration, just one participant pays the registration fee for both members of the team.
- · I AM COMING TO TAKE PART IN THE VUELTA OF IBIZA ON MTB AND MY PARTNER WILL ONLY BE GOING ON THE EXCURSIONS. HOW DO I REGISTER HIM/HER?
When registering, you will see at the bottom of the form there is a “Companions” option. Here you can enter the number of people who will accompany you and it will ask you to enter their details. This way you will be registered as a competitor and your partner as a companion.
- · WILL WE BE STAYING IN THE SAME HOTEL EVERY NIGHT?
Yes, you will be in the same hotel for your entire stay.
- · DO THE FERRY PACKAGES INCLUDE A CAR?
If you are bringing a van, you must provide its measurements.
- · DO THE ORGANISERS OFFER TRANSFERS? WHAT IS THEIR COST?
We offer three transfers that cost €45 per person, including the bike. They are:
- · Transfer from the port or airport to the hotel on the day of arrival.
- · Transfer from Sant Antoni to Santa Eulalia – start of the 2nd stage
- · Transfer from the hotel to the port or airport on the day of departure.
The first stage will set off from Ibiza town and the participants will need to make their own way there.
- · IS THERE A MAXIMUM TIME IN WHICH TO COMPLETE EACH STAGE?
No, there is no maximum time, but there are cut-off times indicated (to be published later) and if the rider has not reached this point by this time, he/she will be diverted along a shorter route.
- · WHAT KIND OF REFRESHMENTS ARE AVAILABLE?
The refreshments will include water, Coca Cola, isotonic drinks, oranges, bananas, sweets, cakes and nuts. The energy bars and gels are provided with the numbers.
For further information, we recommend you read the regulations.